• Breakfast Sausage Fried Rice •
It's easy to make in big batches and if you have rice at home, you will most likely have the other ingredients on hand. It's perfect for those last minute family visits and potlucks.
I decided on their Original Breakfast Sausage which is made with 100% all-natural ingredients with no artificial preservatives.
When grocery shopping, I try to look for products that don't contain artificial ingredients, flavors, or colors and this fits the bill. The sausage is also already pre-seasoned with flavorful spices so it's a perfect protein for this meal.
If you're a fan of the traditional American breakfast, this is also a great way to incorporate any leftover breakfast sausage that you may have.
This post was sponsored by Johnsonville. Click here to learn out more about their Naturals Sausage line.
- 2 cups of uncooked rice
- 1 package of Johnsonville Naturals Original Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 eggs + splash of soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- salt & peper
1. Cook your rice in a rice cooker or over a stove. Once it's done, let the steam escape for the first few minutes while the rice cools. This will ensure your rice isn't soggy when stir-frying later. Day old rice is perfect for this as well.
2. Prep the breakfast sausage by cutting them into small bite-sized pieces.
3. In a wok or stir-fry pan, brown and cook the sausage. Remove and set side. Cook and scramble the eggs and add a splash or two of soy sauce (to taste) for seasoning. Set the scrambled eggs aside.
4. Sautee the onions, then add the minced garlic and ginger. Next, add a generous amount of cooking oil before introducing the rice. Break-up and stir-fry the rice for a few minutes. Add the frozen peas.
5. Finally, add in the other ingredients: cooked breakfast sausage, cooked eggs and green onions. Salt and pepper to taste, then stir-fry and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and the rice has developed a pan fried sear.
Serve while the fried rice is hot. Enjoy!